Thursday, October 9, 2025

My fast lasted 5-1/2 days

 Well, I crashed and burned on the fasting plan. For a few reasons:

- The root vegetable juice that tasted quite good the first day, got steadily less tasty, to the point I was struggling to get it down. (Today is day 6 and I didn't even try.) I've always thought that would mean my body doesn't want it, but I have no idea why. I just know that 36 more days of trying to get a cup of it down (holding each sip in my mouth for a bit, remember) is incomprehensible.

- The sage tea that tasted good the first day, has also steadily become less tasty, even with some stevia in it. And I need some caffeine, for Pete's sake! It lifts my mind onto a better plain.  I did add some yerba mate (a tea that has caffeine in it) yesterday, but there's no substitute for coffee. 

- The herbs I need have still not arrived, though they've gotten closer. They're now in California, cycling between Oakland, Fremont, Hayward, back to Fremont, and -- this morning -- back to Oakland. No idea which carrier is responsible, but oh well. 

- I've been feeling sick the past couple of days. It may be a genuine bug, since others in the office have had one, but being on what amounts to a water diet for three or four days probably has something to do with it. I need the nutrients from the juice . . .

- I have no energy to work, but my schedule and my bank account don't care about that. So I had to admit defeat and have a nice nutritious salad today.  It tasted heavenly! (probably the 1000 Island dressing had something to do with it)  Interestingly, the beets that looked so good, did not taste good. I don't think there was anything wrong with them -- just my body does not want me eating them right now.  (shrug)

A few hours later and I'm feeling quite a bit better. Tomorrow's clients may get some work out of me after all.

I can hear you asking, "Now what?"  Well, I'm not sure. Several options are on the radar; I just need to figure out which one to look at next. Stay tuned.


3 comments:

  1. Actually I'm impressed that you could do it for five and a half days! I have tried to do a fast before on just fruit juices and only made it 3 days. It seemed like I didn't have any energy, so that made it difficult to continue. It might have gotten easier if I would have continued on. At least I gave my digestion a little break in that time.

    I have had tea out of several herbs and have enjoyed sage tea. Another one I like that has a lot of health benefits is parsley. I just put fresh parsley in a cup and pour hot water on it. Somehow it seems nourishing to me.
    The herbs you ordered are having quite a journey to reach you! I wonder if you've got them yet? That's a long time to wait but they'll probably be worth the wait!
    I hope you can figure a system that works well for you. We're all so different, yet alike. God designed us with the same basic needs.

    Hope this makes sense! Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like when I was going to drink a bunch of celery juice. Julie made two quarts and by the time I got on the second one, I couldn't gag it down anymore. The smell of celery still is offensive to me. I think you can buy donuts in a six pack. Easier to carry, and nicely packaged for one meal. Pepsi makes it better too. :-)
    Anyway, sure hope whatever you do works like last time. Hang 10.
    Steve

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonder if you have ever gotten the herbs you ordered, Sis? Maybe it doesn't matter anymore now!? A car won't run on an empty gas tank, and neither can our bodies. Maybe if you ATE those root veggies he suggests, and ate enough to keep your gas tank full, you'd have enough energy to work? And then drink as much of the herbal teas as your little ol heart desires...

    ReplyDelete