Tuesday, May 6, 2014

My Fascination with Essential Oils

I got turned off of essential oils years ago by a person who was trying to sell them. And once turned off of something, it takes quite a bit to get me interested again. It takes something like Cancer.

I was determined to treat my cancer by building up my body's immune system so it could kill the nasty buggers like it's supposed to. It worked, too. Took about four months of eating only good things, and the stuff was gone. But at some point during that time, a client gave me a bottle of Frankincense essential oil with the comment that it was highly anti-canceral (not sure that's a real word, but if it isn't, it should be). About that time, informational posts from a relative who is into essential oils started showing up on my Facebook page. That got me started checking into them even more, trying them out on myself at first, and then my massage clients -- with very impressive results. Over the past several months, I have come to think of essential oils as God's Medicine. They are (with very few exceptions) completely safe to use and have no side effects whatsoever. They are FOOD, after all. They don't have to be processed by the liver (twice) like other medications; they can be flushed out through the colon and kidneys like any other nutrients.

Maybe you've never thought about this before, but give it some thought now:  When God created Earth, He made it with everything Man would need to live -- including medicine. Folks have been using those medicines for thousands of years, and it's only in the past century that Man has decided he can make better medicines than God did. Arrogant (and greedy), but that's Man for you.

Now think about this:  When God made plants for medicine, He didn't make one plant to heal one thing and another plant to heal another thing. No, that isn't how He works. He gave each plant numerous healing qualities, and He made numerous plants that will heal some of the same things -- their healing properties overlap.  In part, this is because all plants cannot grow in all climates, but it's also because His provision is abundant. He has made it so that if one thing is not available, several others are. Cool, eh?

So in the case of cancer, not only is Frankincense anti-canceral, but so are Ledum, Myrrh, Clove, Rosemary, Lavender, Geranium, Cypress, Lemon, Grapefruit, Tangerine, Lemongrass, Sandalwood, Anise, Caraway, Basil, Clary Sage, Tarragon, and Fleabane -- depending on the type of cancer. Some work best in conjunction with other oils (sort of like a companion dog); some correct the DNA mutations that allowed the cancer to start growing; some address the underlying emotional issue(s) that go along with most cancers . . . the options for healing are abundant. And none of them poisons the body or makes the hair fall out or leaves radiation burn scars. 

There will be no side effects whatsoever. However, because they each have multiple healing qualities, there are likely to be side benefits like a healthier liver, a better mental outlook, better sleep patterns, improved digestion, or any number of other things with which mankind suffers these days.

There are several other points I'd like to make, but I want to keep this short enough to read in a minute or two, so I'll just finish with a caveat: All essential oils are not created equal. Many (most?) are diluted, and/or processed in such a way that the healing components are killed, or they're even made synthetically. There is no regulation of labeling in the United States, so you must do your homework. (Be aware that "organic" means something entirely different to a chemist than it does to the rest of us.) I have chosen to use Young Living oils because I trust their purity. I understand DoTerra is also good (they're a spin-off of Young Living). I haven't taken the time to test any other brands. Just know that dead oils may smell good but they can't heal.

5 comments:

  1. Yay! I've been waiting for this post:) So what would you recommend for muscle tightness? My husband has tight sore back muscles this time of year from sitting on the tractor for hours on end. Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are several. Basil is good if the muscles are spasming; Marjoram and Aroma Siez work well as a muscle relaxants; PanAway also helps with relaxing things, especially if there is pain. Deep Relief is a roll-on that works well for pulled or sore muscles. If it's his low back (sacral area/glutes) tending toward sciatica, Helichrysum works really well (but it's expensive). Frankincense has great healing properties for just about anything (bulged disc?).

    As you can see, there are many options and you can try any or all of them. Or here's what I would do: I would do a Raindrop Technique where the oils are dripped along his spine, then feathered out so they can soak into the CNS and do the most good. (You may want to invest in the Raindrop Technique kit. It'd last you most of the summer, I think.) I'd start with 4-5 drops of Oregano to clear the receptor sites (feather it out from the spine using the backs of your fingernails so it doesn't soak into you instead of him); then 6-7 drops of Basil as an anti-spasmodic (feather it, then using your fingertips, work it into the "ditch" on either side of the spine); Marjoram and/or Aroma Siez (dripped, feathered, then rubbed in); Cypress (for circulation); and Peppermint (to enhance the effects of the previous oils). I'd finish with Valor which will help the spine to align and leave him feeling balanced. Do that every few days that he's on the tractor, and I'll bet he feels a lot better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Shirley, so I have been dabbling with some of the Essential Oils (DoTerra) because nothing else (food supplements, homeopathics, antibiotics, etc.) were kicking the pneumonia this past winter. I've also been doing a lot of reading about the gut, and have learned that 80% of our immune health depends on our gut health. So, I am working trying to work more healthy choices into our daily eating, what oils would you recommend, and how would you use them? (Sadly, I took Prevacid for 7 years, which I now know only creates the perfect environment for stomach cancer - ugh! So, before that happens I want to get my gut healthy again). Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ImmuPower is a Young Living blend (I assume DoTerra would have something similar) for building up the immune system. Thieves is a blend similar to DoTerra's OnGuard, and is antibacterial, antiviral, antifungal and even antiparasitic in some cases. R.C. and Raven would also be good for clearing the airways. What would probably do you the most good is to get a reference manual for essential oils. (Here's a good one -- http://www.amazon.com/Reference-Guide-Essential-Oils-Cover/dp/1937702073/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1399608332&sr=1-1&keywords=reference+guide+for+essential+oils -- copy and paste all that because I can't put a link in a comment.) It's geared toward Young Living oils, but there's one called "Modern Essentials" that's more for DoTerra.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I will see about getting this book!!

      Delete